Automatically analyzes raw arrival data, creates distributions and imports the restructured data into ProcessModel. You provide historical data for months of arrivals. This model object:
- Analyzes the data.
- Shows a graphical summary of raw data.
- Finds the arrival quantities for each day of the week.
- Removes outliers.
- Shows data needing conversion to a distribution.
- Creates the daily distribution to spread arrivals over the hour of the day.
- Automatically imports the data into ProcessModel.
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object will be used to create daily pattern arrivals for healthcare and import data into ProcessModel:
- Arrivals \ Daily Pattern Arrivals.
- Ease of Use: Easy
- Ease of Modification: Easy
How to Use the Model Object
- Open Your Model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into Your Model: Locate the appropriate location in your model where you would like to place the model object, move the view to the location and then insert the model object.
- Connect to Your Model: Connect the route exiting from activity Acuity to the rest of your model.
- Open the Excel File: Right click on the Daily Pattern Arrivals Sheet Excel icon and click on the third option from the bottom to open the Daily Pattern Arrivals v-x-x Excel file, where x-x represents the version number of the Excel file.
Before using this Excel file for the first time, or after changing your model name, make sure that a manual export of data is done via ProcessModel. From your model, click Tools \ Export Data, click ‘Yes’ to all prompts until the data export file opens, close the data file and then use this Excel file.
Click Enable Content if prompted
- Enter Raw Data: After opening the Daily Pattern Arrivals vx-x Excel file, the Input worksheet appears.