Use this model object to represent the behavior of a conveyor segments traveling right, left, curve, up, down, upper quadrant, or lower quadrant for 3, 5, or 10 segments.
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model objects can be found in the model objects directory:
- Conveyors \ Curve Ccw, Down, Lower Quadrant, 3 Segments.
- Conveyors \ Curve Ccw, Down, Upper Quadrant, 3 Segments.
- Conveyors \ Curve Ccw, Up, Lower Quadrant, 3 Segments.
- Conveyors \ Curve Ccw, Up, Upper Quadrant, 3 Segments.
- Conveyors \ Curve Cw, Down, Lower Quadrant, 3 Segments.
- Conveyors \ Curve Cw, Down, Upper Quadrant, 3 Segments.
- Conveyors \ Down, Right, 45 Degrees, 5 Segments.
- Conveyors \ Down, Vertical, 5 Segments.
- Conveyors \ Left, Horizontal, 3 Segments.
- Conveyors \ Left, Horizontal, 5 Segments.
- Conveyors \ Left, Horizontal, 10 Segments.
- Conveyors \ Right, Horizontal, 3 Segments.
- Conveyors \ Right, Horizontal, 5 Segments.
- Conveyors \ Right, Horizontal, 10 Segments.
- Conveyors \ Split, Right, 45 Degrees Down, 4 Segments.
- Conveyors \ Split, right, 45 degrees up, 4 segments.
- Conveyors \ Up, Right, 45 Degrees, 5 Segments.
- Conveyors \ Up, Vertical, 5 Segments.
How to Use the Model Object
See Conveyors video tutorial.
- Open Your Model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into Your Model
- Locate the model object and select the insert button.
- Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
- Connect to Your Model
- Connect a route from your model to the middle connecting point of the first segment of the conveyor.
- Connect a route from the middle connecting point of the last segment of the conveyor to the remainder of your model or to another conveyor segment.
- Define Values
- Set the move time of the routing going to the conveyor and from the conveyor(s) to 1/s_SegPerMin.
- Set the input queue of the destination activity to zero (if the conveyor must stop when the destination is full).
- Set the value for scenario parameter s_SegPerMin to the segments per minute you want it to operate at.
If the parameter is set to 5 segments per minute, then an entity will take 12 seconds (60 seconds / 5 segments) per segment or 36 / 60 / 120 seconds to traverse a 3 / 5 / 10 segment conveyor.
Changing value of s_SegPerMin
One segment from a 5 segment conveyor ungrouped
- Completion: The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
- s_SegPerMin: Describes the speed of the conveyor in segments. Each segment of the conveyor will hold one entity at a time.
Combine Multiple Conveyors
You can paste as many conveyor segments as needed to create an accurate representation of your system. All segments are currently grouped as a single unit. The following will explain how to add or delete segments or attach a different type of conveyor.
- You must first ungroup the segments by clicking on the conveyor, then clicking Arrange / Combine / Ungroup.
The connecting routes have a color of None. So use caution when altering the segment arrangement.
- Ungrouping will allow you to:
- Delete individual conveyor segments by selecting the segment and pressing the Delete button on your keyboard.Deleting a conveyor section
- Add another individual conveyor segment by selecting a segment and then copy (CTRL +C) and pasting (CTRL + V) it. You can then connect the new segment to the rest of the conveyor by using a percent route with Move Time as 1/s_SegPerMin.New segment added and connected
- Attach a different conveyor by Inserting it into your model. You can then connect the new conveyor to the rest of the conveyor by using a percent route with Move Time as 1/s_SegPerMin.
- Optional: Change the connecting route color to transparent by right clicking on a route and then selecting Format, you can then change the Line Color to None and then click OK.
You can change the route color of multiple routes together by holding the Shift button and selecting all the routes needed and then right clicking on any of the selected routes.