When processing multiple entity names simultaneously and require batches segregated by the entity name. When the batch size changes based on the entity name.
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory:
- Batching \ Batch by Name of Entity
How to Use the Model Object
- Open Your Model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into Your Model
- Locate the model object Batch by Name of Entity and select the insert button.
- Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
- Connect to Your Model
- Connect from your model to Stage for Batching1.
- Connect from Batch by Name of Entity1 to the remainder of your model.
- Define Values
- Enter the name of the entity(s) to be batched in the Default Value field of the Scenario Parameters dialog. Enter one entity name per scenario parameter as shown below:
- Change the s_BatchSize# scenario parameters to match your desired batch sizes.
- Completion: The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
- a_Batch: This holds the batch size for each entity type when it leaves the Stage For Batching1
- v_EntityNameCnt#: Counters which track the number of each entity type entering “Stage For Batching1” until each count has reached its designated batch size.
- s_BatchSize#: The target batch size for each entity type.
- s_EntityName#: The names of each entity.
How Do I Add More Entity Types to the Batch?
If you need to add more entity types to batch:
- Create a s_BatchSize# scenario parameter for each new batch size