When Will You Need This?
When you need to have a random arrival pattern that repeats over the time period of a week, month, quarterly or yearly.
The following model object will be used: Arrivals \ Weekly OR Monthly OR Quarterly OR Yearly.
How to Use the Model Object
1. Open Your Model
Open your model or create a new blank model.
2. Insert the Model Object into Your Model
Locate the appropriate location in your model where you would like to place the model object, move the view to the location and then insert the model object.
3. Connect to Your Model
1. Connect the left end of the arrival route to your Entity.
2. Create a route leaving Arrival Generator going to the first process in your model.
3. Change the Quantity on the arrival route to the number of entities you process in one week, month, quarter or year, based on the model object selected.
4. Change the distribution in the action logic of Arrival Generator to your distribution pattern for the week, month, quarter or year, based on the model object selected.
Weekly: 200 entities arrive every week (7 * 24 hrs). This must be changed match your arrival conditions. Monthly: 200 entities arrive every month (24*30 hrs). This must be changed match your arrival conditions. Quarterly: 200 entities arrive every quarter (three months or 24*30*3 hrs). This must be changed match your arrival conditions. Yearly: Between 3 and 12 entities arrive every year or 24*365 hrs). This must be changed match your arrival conditions.
In Arrival Generator a random time value is assigned to each entity. After that waiting time, the starting cycle time and value added time attributes are set to 0 so that when the entity leaves the storage location, it will be as though the entity just arrived in the model.
The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.