When Will You Need This?
When you need to hold the capacity of a room until it has been cleaned and setup for the next procedure. The setup is done post operation for every entity that has a procedure.
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory: Outpatient \ Room Cleaning After Procedure.
Ease of Use: Moderate
Ease of Modification: Moderate
How to Use the Model Object
1. Open Your Model
Open your model or create a new blank model.
2. Insert the Model Object into Your Model
1. Locate the model object Room Cleaning After Procedure and select the insert button.
2. Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
3. Update Objects
1. Move the model object so that is positioned appropriately to match with your model.
2. In the action logic of PreOp / Recovery change the Pre Op Time and the Recovery time.
3. Change the Perform Surgery Time.
4. Change the Clean Surgical Suite Time.
5. Change the Release Patient and Clean PreOp /Recovery Room Time.
4. Define Values
1. Define the values for scenario parameters s_NumPreOp_Rooms, s_NumP_Rooms, s_Num_Janitorial based on the information provided under the heading Scenario Parameters below. The values for these Scenario Parameters must be provided before the simulation start.
The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
Attributes, Variables, Scenario Parameters and Scenarios Usage
1. a_Procedure_Complete: Do not change. Keeps track the patients visits to the Pre Op / Phase II recover so that the proper logic and time can be triggered. This same attribute is also used to direct the patient to go to the procedure or leave the model.
1. v_PreO_Recovery_Count: Do not change. Keeps track of the number of patients in the system so that patients will be forced to stay in the Waiting Room if the combined number in the Pre Op and Procedure patients could cause a grid lock.
2. v_Proc_Room_Count: Do not change. Provides a count of the number of rooms available for use after cleaning is completed.
1. s_NumPreOp_Rooms: User input required. Sets the number of Pre Op / Phase II recovery rooms and sets the associated capacity of the activity.
2. s_NumP_Rooms: User input required. Sets the number of Procedure Rooms and the associated capacities of the activity Procedure rooms and Cleaning Rooms.
3. s_Num_Janitorial: User input required. Sets the number of resources used to clean Procedure/Surgery Rooms and Pre Op/Recovery Rooms.