When Will You Need This?
When a resource is needed to work on a machine that is down.
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory: Utilization \ Resource Used for Downtime.
How to Use the Model Object
1. Open Your Model
Open your model or create a new blank model.
2. Insert the Model Object into Your Model
1. Locate the model object Resource Used for Downtime and select the insert button.
2. Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
3. Connect to Your Model
1. Connect your models incoming route to the Machine_1__Run_Unattended activity.
2. Connect the exit route of the Machine_1__Run_Unattended activity to your model.
4. Define Values
1. Set the value for scenario parameter s_MTTF_M1 to establish the time between failures.
Setting s_MTTF_M1 to a triangular distribution of 60, 180 or 240 minutes
2. Set the value for scenario parameter s_MTTR_M1 to establish the time to repair failures.
Setting s_MTTR_M1 to a triangular distribution of 10, 15 or 20 minutes
3. Set the value for scenario parameter s_RepairRes1 to the resource name that will work on the failure.
Setting the value for s_RepairRes1 to Worker1
The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
Attributes, Variables, Scenario Parameters and Scenarios Usage
1. a_Time_In Records: The time when an entity starts processing. This attribute is used when to calculate the total run time of a machine.
1. v_TTF_Run_Time: Track the machine run time. Is reset when the machine is repaired.
1. s_MTTF_M1: Establishes the time between failures of this machine. In minutes.
2. s_MTTR_M1: Establishes the time to repair of this machine. In minutes.
3. s_RepairRes1: Resource name that will work on the failure.