When will you need this?
Even if a group of resources are underutilized, they still might be a bottleneck for part of the simulated time. The single utilization number provided in the standard output won’t tell “if” or “when” the resource might be constraining production.
The production times vary even when the resource attached is underutilized. This will help pin down the time when there was more work for the resource than it could have handled.
Resource Bottleneck Mapping Model Object
- Open the ‘Resource Bottleneck Mapping’ model object.
- Simulate the model.
- Once the simulation ends, open the Output Report.
- Click the second Excel icon to export variable values for ‘v_Usage1’.
- Once exported open the attached ‘Resource Bottleneck Mapper File’ Excel file.
- Click the ‘Get Resource Info’ button, browse to the exported variable file and open it.
- Change the shift times in the ‘SFT’ column, if needed.
- Click ‘Generate Heatmap’ button.
Once the heatmap is generated, you will be able to review times where the resource was most utilized.