When Will You Need This?
When you want to randomize the order in which resources are gotten. This will more evenly distribute the utilization of each resource, particularly when using boolean expressions to select from multiple possible resources.
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory: Utilization \ Randomize Resource Get Order.
Ease of Use: Moderate
Ease of Modification: Moderate
How to Use the Model Object
1. Open Your Model
Open your model or create a new blank model.
2. Insert the Model Object into Your Model
1. Locate the model object Randomize Resource Get Order and select the insert button.
2. Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
3. Update Objects
1. Copy the action logic from Process and paste it in the activity where you want to get alternate resources.
This model object can be used to get a single resource to any number of resources. Just modify the action logic of the Process activity.
2. Update the action logic by replacing the Worker resource names with your own names.
3. Alter the Time statement in the action logic to match your needed time.
You can copy and paste the action logic to any other activity where you want to randomize resource usage.
The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
Attributes, Variables, Scenario Parameters and Scenarios Usage
1. a_Count: Do not change. A number representing which sequence of GETs to use.