When Will You Need This?
When you need to randomly assign the size of a batch.
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory: Batching \ Random Batch Size.
How to Use the Model Object
1. Open Your Model
Open your model or create a new blank model.
2. Insert the Model Object into Your Model
1. Locate the model object Random Batch Size and select the insert button.
2. Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
3. Connect to Your Model
1. Connect the incoming route to Random Batch1 to your model.
2. Connect an outgoing route from Random Batch1 to your model.
4. Define Values
1. Change the initial value of the variable v_BatchSize1.
2. Change the batch size distribution in the action logic of Random Batch1.
At this point you may change the name of Random Batch1 to reflect an activity in your model
The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
Attributes, Variables, Scenario Parameters and Scenarios Usage
1. v_BatchSize1: Used for the current batch size quantity.
2. v_CountBatch1: Counts the batch size