When Will You Need This?
When you need to represent the number of times it takes to reach a customer and the delay time when the customer is not available.
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory: Call Center \ Outbound Calling Loop.
How to Use the Model Object
1. Open Your Model
Open your model or create a new blank model.
2. Insert the Model Object into Your Model
1. Locate the model object Outbound Calling Loop and select the insert button.
2. Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
3. Connect to Your Model
1. Connect the input from your model to the left side of Call Customer.
2. Connect a route from Request Information to the remainder of your model.
4. Define Values
1. Modify the D2 distributions in the action logic located in the Customer Available.
Each time the same entity enters the Customer Available decision, the chance of success can change. The current settings give the following results: Pass Number / Percent Successful 1 / 30%, 2 / 40%, 3 / 50%, 4 / 50%, 5 / 50%.
The “YES”, “NO” or “DISMISS” values for the a_Dir1 attribute, determined in Customer Available action logic, are tested in the Conditional routes leaving the decision.
If a total number of failed inspections exceed a number you define at any of these inspection model objects in the model then the entity is scrapped and exits from the model.
2. Modify the scenario parameter s_Total_Allowable_Attempts to define the maximum number of times any entity can attempt to call out before being dropped.
The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
Attributes, Variables, Scenario Parameters and Scenarios Usage
1. a_Count1: The number of times an entity has been through the Customer Available activity?
2. a_Dir1: Routing direction or selection. YES moves to the Request Information activity, NO goes to the Delay Before Next Call activity and DISMISS goes to the Drop Customer activity.
3. a_Total_Attempts: The number of times an entity is attempting to reach a customer in the entire model.
1. s_Total_Allowable_Attempts: The maximum number of call attempts that are allowed during the entire process for a single entity.