When Will You Need This?
When you only want to allow 1 entity at a time into a section of your model. This model object will limit the number of entries allowed in a given section of your model to 1.
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory: Flow Control \ Only 1 Entity at a Time.
Ease of Use: Easy
Ease of Modification: Easy
How to Use the Model Object
1. Open Your Model
Open your model or create a new blank model.
2. Insert the Model Object into Your Model
1. Locate the model object Only 1 Entity at a Time and select the insert button.
2. Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
3. Connect to Your Model
1. Connect the first route to the locations where you want to setup the initial gate.
2. Connect the second route to the locations representing the end of the controlled section.
The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
Attributes, Variables, Scenario Parameters and Scenarios Usage
1. v_Gate1: A value of 0 means there are no entities in the section. A value of 1 means there is 1 entity in the section.
Limit X Number of Entities for a Section
1. Click on the first route and goto action logic.
2. Change the wait until logic from 1 to the number desired. Example: If you need 2 entities to enter the section at a time, change to 2.
Replace 1 to the number desired