When Will You Need This?
The model object will be needed in any situation where you have a recurring arrival that happens consistently during working hours.
The following model object will be used: Arrivals \ Heartbeat During Specified Hours.
How to Use the Model Object
1. Open Your Model
Open your model or create a new blank model.
2. Insert the Model Object into Your Model
Locate the appropriate location in your model where you would like to place the model object, move the view to the location and then insert the model object.
3. Connect to Your Model
1. Connect arrival arrow to your entity or delete and replace with your own periodic arrival.
2. Click on the arrival route from step 1 and change the qty and time to the schedule in which your arrivals enter during business hours.
In our example, the arrivals are set to occur every 15 mins
3. Click on the arrival route going to the Trigger activity and change the daily pattern to the times when your models shift begins and ends for each day of the week. Make sure that you make the start and end times the SAME or else the shift might not end correctly.
Shift starts at 8AM and ends at 5PM
This model will effectively simulate the situation where a supply of material happens every 15 min during business hours but does not happen during off shift hours. Or any other amount time, it doesn’t have to be every 15 min.
The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
You must change the processing times to make the model fit in your model.
You also need to Change the arrival pattern of both arrivals. a- The item arrival should be a periodic for how often you have material entering your system during work hours and b- The Off_Shift arrival should be changed to have two arrivals every day which show your start and end time for each day. This is your shift.
Attributes, Variables, Scenario Parameters and Scenarios usage
1. v_shift: This tells the items when the shift is over and when it starts.