When Will You Need This?
When you need to provide added control of detailed action logic in the input queue, or to use selective resource assignment in the action logic of the input queue, or to refine collection of statistics in the input queue
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory: Flow Control \ Action Logic in the Input Queue.
Ease of Use: Easy
Ease of Modification: Easy
How to Use the Model Object
1. Open Your Model
Open your model or create a new blank model.
2. Insert the Model Object into Your Model
1. Locate the model object Action Logic in the Input Queue and select the insert button.
2. Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
3. Connect to Your Model
1. Connect from the your model to the Process2 InQ.
2. Connect from Process2 to the remainder of your model and rename the Process2 InQ and Process2 as is appropriate for your model.
4. Add Action Logic
1. Add action logic to the Process2 InQ as needed.
The addition of action logic in the input queue makes it possible for this section to behave in the same way as if a resource was attached with a connector line and yet have more capability to select and control resources, and record specific statistics.
The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.