Create Models Delivering the Highest Company Profit with Advanced Training
The advanced training class is the third phase of ProcessModel simulation training. This two-day class shows you how to exploit ProcessModel’s hidden capabilities to create the most sophisticated and accurate simulation models possible. With a focus on advanced action logic, model debugging and output results, this class is essential process improvement modelers with ongoing complex projects.
- Completion of ProcessModel Basics 1 and Basics 2 classes.
- Six months ProcessModel experience and completion of at least three modeling projects.
In this class you will learn techniques to set you apart from others in the field of process improvement. Learn the techniques to finish faster, with greater confidence that your model represents the real system. Learn about how the inner workings of ProcessModel interact so that you can tap the vast resource of functionality to handle any type of process simulation problem. The see, do, test repeat method of instruction provides you with experience to handle the most challenging problems. Specifically you will learn:
- Six tricks for troubleshooting any model problem in just minutes. Learn how to find problems even if there is not a descriptive error message. See how to narrow the problem search in seconds.
- Five critical strategies to validating a model. Learn how to distinguish errors in the model from errors in the data.
- To confidently develop complex action logic with absolute certainty it is working correctly.
- Four tips for developing meaningful accurate output reports. Learn a never before shown priceless output trick to verify model performance.
- Many techniques only used by the best modelers. Make these techniques part of your everyday toolbox through the interactive training session.
- To easily understand the ProcessModel interactions to you can make better decisions in a fraction of the time.
Two Day Course Outline
Chapter 1: Advanced Troubleshooting
- Strategies for quickly identifying the location of a difficult problem.
- Tracing a model to debug.
- Tracing a specific variable, attribute, etc.
Chapter 2: How to Validate Model
- When and how to design validation tests.
- How to use the output report to show the real behaviors of the model.
- Learn to run mini tests on logic, routings and resources to prove compliance. Be 100% sure that your logic works.
Chapter 3: Advanced Action Logic
- Controlling the simulation event list and how to insure things happen in the order you want.
- How to write nested IF-Then and While-do loops.
- Get cheat sheets for all functions and statements.
Chapter 4: Advanced Data Collection
- Strategies for designing data collection for your model.
- How to create “Risk”charts showing average levels and stockouts/missed compliance in the same view.
- Statistical significance – simple test to insure accuracy.
- Show profitability changes with model adjustments.
Chapter 5: Expert Resource Control
- Resource control based on resource status.
- Resource control based on utilization.
- Using an entity as a resource to gain added functionality.
Chapter 6: Expert Modeling Techniques
- Passing control from one activity to another.
- Learn how to control the routing for each entity through importing.
- Learn to control the detailed behavior of an input queue.
- Accessing data about queues.
- Learn to isolate a distribution so that it is not affected by model changes.
Chapter 7: Advanced use of Sub-models
- Removing clutter from the main model. How to structure all arrivals in the sub.
- Creating a submodel that can be called multiple times.
- Using down time to control when you do or do not send entities to a sub-model.