When Will You Need This?
To provide the Activity and Storage with settings compatible with model objects that will automatically change action logic in the Storage or in both the Storage and corresponding Activity.
The model object is an extension for Skills Matrix Optimizer, VAO Shift Planner and Resource Groups model objects.
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory: Resources \ Res Action logic in Input Queue.
Ease of Use: Easy
Ease of Modification: Easy
How to Use the Model Object
1. Open Your Model
Open your model or create a new blank model.
2. Insert the Model Object into Your Model
1. Locate the model object Res Action logic in Input Queue and select the insert button.
2. Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
3. Update Objects
1. Change the name of the activity to match you modeling needs.
2. Change that capacity of the activity to match the number of items that will be processed at the same time.
3. When using with the Skills Matrix Optimizer, VAO Shift Planner or Resource Groups model object, then add the appropriate processing time in the Activity action logic.
4. Change the name of the connected Storage (input queue) to match the name of the activity and add a space and the word InQ (inq).
For additional copies of the model object, copy the elements of this model object and paste as many times as needed. Follow the same procedure as given above.
The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
How Do I Batching Before the Activity?
To batch before the activity, add another activity prior to the model object and set batching in the output queue of the inserted activity.
How Do I Batching After the Activity?
Use normal batching in the output queue of the model object.